Data Protection Officer / DPO Support Service
Flexible “full spectrum” support for your DPO from a data protection specialist lawyer
Achieving and maintaining compliance with GDPR is a serious and resource intensive task. Our Data Protection Officer / DPO Support Service provides expert legal support to your Data Protection Officer (DPO) or Data Protection Lead to achieve and maintain compliance with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the UK Data Protection Act 2018 and closely related laws that regulate direct marketing and cookies.
It’s a full-spectrum service; we don’t just provide support in the basics like staff training, audits and DPIAs but we also provide a lawyer-led breach service and data protection legal advice on contracts and outsourcing issues. It’s flexible and cost effective too; choose from an annual subscription or simply use us as and when you need us.
Why do our clients choose us over other DPO services?
- Lawyer-led: Up to date, pragmatic support provided by lawyers that specialise in data protection. No need to instruct a separate lawyer when dealing with legal issues or facing enforcement action.
- Never outsourced: Unlike some DPO service providers, we do not “outsource” your work to other individuals or business.
- Confidential: Our advice is protected by lawyer – client legal privilege. The information our clients share with us can be commercially sensitive and highly confidential. We are legally obliged to protect it under our professional and legal duty of confidentiality.
- Full spectrum service: Yes, we help with the basics like Data Subject Access Requests (DSARs), strategy, deliver data protection training, implement compliance measures like audits and provide template policies etc. But we also draft bespoke policies and Privacy Notices, Data Sharing Agreements, contracts with Processors etc.
- No thresholds or limitations imposed: We understand that the volume of DSARS can be overwhelming and frustrate the operation of your business. We are experienced in handling all types of individual legal rights including DSARs, requests for erasure and rectification etc. We can help with all types of requests including the more complex or hybrid requests which also contain Freedom of Information elements.
- Private, public and voluntary sector. We act for clients in every sector.
- Staff data protection training at all levels. Face to face or online. Standard training for your sector or tailored specifically for your organisation. We do not deliver “one size fits all” training.
- Data breach service. When a breach occurs, the stakes are high. The risk of high fines, unwanted scrutiny, adverse publicity and damage to reputation is very real. At times like this, it pays to have a specialist lawyer acting for you that understands how to defend monetary penalty action and mitigate damage to your reputation. We are experienced in representing clients facing intervention and enforcement action by the ICO including complex cyber breaches.
- Cost effective and flexible: We are happy to discuss an annual subscription or buy-in support as and when you need it.